[governance] Re: IGC Statement -Questionnaire as of July 15

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Thu Jul 16 02:57:42 EDT 2009

Just so my position is clear I am happy with the ³may suffer² compromise, or
alternatively with Bill¹s text. But as others are clearly opposed to Bill¹s
text and it won¹t pass consensus, I  will not oppose  ³may suffer². The
question now is whether inclusion with ³may suffer² will be accepted in a
consensus statement or whether the whole paragraph should be dropped. My
reading is the paragraph should be in the text unless a a significant number
of people oppose it.

What say ye? Do we include or not include the following paragraph

Q6 Similarly, we must no longer avoid considering the need for new
public policy issues.