[governance] IGF Review Question 6 start

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy isolatedn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 03:12:14 EDT 2009

Hello Coordinators,

As part of point 6, we may have to suggest to IGF to work on ways of getting
the IGF better funded to extend unconditional travel support ( as opposed to
travel support from a Business Trust which may have implied conditions ) at
least for panelists. To begin with IGF may have to set up a fund to extend
comfortable assistance to about 200 lead participants ( panel speakers, team
organizers etc. ) which may have to cover standand class airfare for
distances upto 4 hours and business class fare for distances in excess of 4
hours, and hotel rooms for 5 days in one of the top two recommended hotels
with incidentals considering the fact that most of the panel speakers
invited would be high profile individuals who are required to be well
treated, This would require the IGF to find between $500,000 - $ 700,000 as
unconditonal support from Business, Governement, well funded NGOs and
International Orgnaizations and from the UN. Such a fund would enable the
IGF to bring in really diverse opinion to the IGF from Experts who are not
the ususal IGF participatns. It would also help those participants who have
a keen intrerest in contributing to panels but have difficulty in traveling
to the IGF.

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy
Blog: http://isocmadras.blogspot.com