[governance] Regarding Honduras - My take of the story!

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 7 10:04:52 EDT 2009

Gentlemen,

The Question that is Honduras is appropriate for this list.  In my defense, I was trying to get to the issues of who and why the data we were getting was "off norm". My hope was to get some substance to the obvious answer -- the internet!

You folks just tried to get to heartstrings instead of, or skipping over, the internet and its role in a political transition. Just like Somalia, Iraq and Iran and now Afganistan the Honduras are being known about through the net. How that net is governed as a catalyst for understanding is critical to its continued success as an eye opener.*

But lest we forget there are factors we must keep in the forefront. Education is marketing and marketing is education. In developing nations progression as in revolutions the work must be done outside to inside, inside to inside, outside to outside and finally inside to outside. The Honduras are a case for a digital divide. Access to information is a keystone. Those that are savy obtain the information and then relate it to others. So now we must watch and learn how the savy use that technology -- for themselves or for their countrymen.

Again I ask; Why the overload of women? Why the dearth of 20 to 30? Where is the highly sophisticated and tech savy Holy See? Just how is the Internet access being used and controlled?

*look at the questions being asked for IGF and how they directly apply to Iran and Honduras.