[governance] IGC on its list

kpeters at tldainc.org kpeters at tldainc.org
Mon Jul 6 15:59:53 EDT 2009

Thank you,
      With great appreciation for your candor and your reasoning for
why things as they are, there is hope that perhaps there is a future
beyond ICANN for such a group as this! As you already know, I tend to
think way outside the ICANN "box" already, perhaps a bit too early!
But, however, I believe it is with its value. ANY time I might lend
some perspective on things from outside the box in a constructive way,
I will do so. Otherwise I will try to stay out of the way of the ICANN
march.
      Even for those dedicated to ICANN for whatever expensive and
innefficien reason they may have, there is a great benefit in knowing
how the rest of the world sees them and how it plans to work around
ICANN unless it learns to complete, not just for DoC handouts of power
and authority, but in a real marketplace and purely market based roots
again spring up, this time with more zeal and hope than before. ICANN
must also remember its very sad history of running roughshod over
those it does not benefit from and favoring those that jump through
its hoops and pay its fees. I speak, of course, of the .Biz issue of
several years ago.
      Thanks again for a voice of candor and reason in this group! It
was most refreshing AND HOPEFUL...
-Karl E. Peters

     governance at lists.cpsr.org