[governance] IGC on its list

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Mon Jul 6 15:32:00 EDT 2009

Hi Karl,

Yes, this list can tend to become ICANN-obsessed, and to a lesser degree
this is also true of IGF. I agree this is not a good thing either for this
list or for a sensible discussion of internet governance and where it should
head.

But I think the reality we face is that it is far easier to criticise an
incumbent organisation with all its faults than to take a broader view of
internet governance and gain support and understanding for the larger scale
governance issues the Internet is going to face. Yes, it's a problem, but
how we move to the bigger picture escapes me at this point of time...

     governance at lists.cpsr.org