[governance] Draft for Feedback - Briefing for MAG Nomcom: Questions about MAG members

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Jan 5 14:58:33 EST 2009

On 5 Jan 2009, at 14:39, Ginger Paque wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I find Ian’s posts to be very helpful, and se that we need to be
> concrete and complete if we are to make our deadlines. I wonder if
> anyone can answer these two additional questions for me

i can add something to the second question.

> :
>
> Do nominees for the MAG need to take any time commitment into
> consideration? How much time must be dedicated to MAG activities?
>
> Will MAG members be required to travel to meetings? If so, is
> funding available, or will they need to find their own funding?

Yes, MAG members are expected to travel to meetings.  Though there is
some provision made for remote particpation - alwasy being remote
makes it difficult to be part of the process.

There has been, and hopefully will be again, some funding for those
from nations defined as less developed, but those from the Global
North are largely self funded unless they have employers, grants or
other means.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org