[governance] Draft for Feedback- Call for MAG nominations

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Sun Jan 4 18:44:42 EST 2009

Given our tight timetable for MAG nominations, I am suggesting the following
as a draft for the incoming Nomcom to consider as a call for proposals. It
includes broad considerations for nominations. It largely follows last years
draft. So as to give the Nomcom feedback on this, please post any comments
for their consideration. I expect that a call for proposals will be issued
by the Nomcom chair shortly after the Nomcom is announced.

Draft follows

Please submit nominations - including self-nominations - for choosing

IGC recommendations for the MAG. The recommended persons may or may not

be IGC members. However, they should have a civil society identity, and

broadly be in alignment with positions given in our charter, and as

adopted by the caucus at different times.

. In nominating someone else please obtain the person's consent to

be on the MAG if selected, and to seek IGC's endorsement for her

candidature.

. Each nomination should come with a brief bio. It should mention

with some clarity the activities and/ or positions taken by the person

in the IG and information society arena. The person should be informed that
these details submitted may be published even if the nomination is
unsuccessful.

. Please also include a brief write up of why the nominated person

will be a good CS/ IGC representative on the MAG.

. Those who are already on the MAG should also briefly mention how they
carried out their responsibilities in the last term(s), in advocating and
pushing the wider CS positions, and IGC's positions.

Their level and manner of engagement with the IGC, and the wider CS

constituencies, may also be mentioned.

Nominations should also include an assurance that if selected for the

MAG one will keep up a strong engagement with CS constituencies,

including and especially the IGC. One will both keep CS constituencies

and the IGC informed about the MAG proceedings and related matters, as

well as present/ push their positions in the MAG.

Nominations must be sent to ******* no later than midnight (date)**** UTC~

Ian Peter

PO Box 429

Bangalow NSW 2479

Australia

Tel (+614) 1966 7772 or (+612) 6687 0773

www.ianpeter.com