[governance] Re: [Gov 636] Proposal IGF mechanism through DC

jlfullsack jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Tue Feb 24 15:16:36 EST 2009

Dear all

Many thanks, Francis, for your commitment in the respect of the WSIS Tunis Agenda recommendations, especially those concerning IG and Development.

As far as these issues are concerned, there already are relevant comments, analysises and proposals made available by some regional and sub-regional IGFs. This is particularly the case for Africa, who convened sub-regional fora such as the East African Internet Governance Forum (EAIGF), which issued very relevant findings and useful contributions upon IG and developing policies and DCs' participation in the global IGF process.

This is to say that these valuable contributions from these fora should be taken in account as priority inputs when shaping the future of IGF. But also, that these fora should be strongly supported end encouraged by the global IGF bodies.

Internet governance cannot be dealt with without really including the representatives of the relevant stakeholders of DCs far better than in the past, particularly the CS organizations.

All the best
Jean-Louis Fullsack