[governance] Internet for All ... this time from the UK

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Sun Feb 1 15:44:30 EST 2009

In message <3CF36C3C07554905A8EA9D68D715F7F4 at PCbureau>, at 09:39:43 on
Sun, 1 Feb 2009, jlfullsack <jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr> writes
>That's why I recently proposed to establish a "common entity" for IG
>and WSIS follow-up on a regional level for Europe, instead of a
>"European IGF" planned by the European Parliament.

Apparently the "European IGF" has been cancelled because there are no
funds available. Instead, they are hoping to arrange a substitute event
in Brussels as a regular [combined] hearing of the relevant
Parliamentary committees, extended to a full day.

After that, it's pretty inevitable that the election will disrupt the
normal flow of business for much of the rest of the year, leading up to
the IGF.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org