[governance] IGF Workshop reports

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Thu Dec 31 06:03:39 EST 2009

In message <4B3B872A.4010908 at wzb.eu>, at 17:00:26 on Wed, 30 Dec 2009,
Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wzb.eu> quotes Marcus Kummer:

>We all agreed to make submission of a workshop report a prerequisite
>for accepting a workshop proposal for the Vilnius meeting. The new
>deadline will give us a clearer picture of how many potential
>organizers we may have next year by the time we meet in February.

There's an aspect of this which puzzles me slightly: Several workshops
were merged, which has left the definition of "organizer" unclear.

Let's say that Tom, Dick and Harry all proposed workshops on similar
topics, and merged. From then on, Tom did all the administrative work,
Dick helped him, but Harry dropped out after he'd passed the contact
details for his proposed speakers to Tom.

Harry had also originally said in his proposal that he was co-organising
his workshop with Alice, but in fact had never contacted Alice to
confirm this, and she knows nothing about it.

Tom failed to file a workshop report on time, does that also disqualify
Dick or Harry (and Alice?) from proposing a workshop in their original
individual capacities for Vilnius?
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org