[governance] AW: [tt-group] FW: GAID

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Mon Dec 28 16:31:18 EST 2009

Hi,

I personally would not presume to say what we, as civil society, should be supporting.

I tend to toward multistakeholder systems where each stakeholder group figures their own ways, ie. their choice from various democratic or other forms, of picking their representatives.

As for what the nation states have foisted on us in the name of democracy, i have grown quite disillusioned with it as I have not seen an election yet that has not been tampered with and/or distorted in multiple ways.  i strongly believe that direct democracy works at the local level but that it does not scale to the global level, and i believe that bottom-up representation can grow within the stakeholder model from the most local level up in some varying but scalable way.

i do not accept that any form of top down so-called democratic form can really be democratic, it can pretend and it can lull us into a sense of democratic security, but it will always let us down and will always serve the people with money and not the rest of us.

so yes, I am looking for full participatory multistakeholder process.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org