[governance] AW: [tt-group] FW: GAID

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Mon Dec 28 12:09:23 EST 2009

On 28 Dec 2009, at 11:29, Parminder wrote:

> Do we basically lack belief in global policies (polity) of any kind or just in global policies made exclusively by intergovernmental forums without due participation by civil society in the spirit of what has come to be known as 'deepening democracy'?

I am not sure that we, in the sense of we the IGC, have a belief.

Personally, i believe that the only valid global policies would come from full participatory multistakeholder systems.  while it may not always be the case, the national state still fulfills a relevant function, but in my personal opinion it is one of several equal partners in any debate.

So as long as we, in the sense of the IGC, are supporting the creation of a well formed multistakeholder regime, we have something I believe in.  in my life i work for (either in a volunteer sense or a professional sense) two institutions that are working toward a multistakeholder future.  neither has achieved that fully yet - each has a dominant force, in one the nations states and in the other the private sector, but both are, in my opinion on the right track an represent as far as we can get at this point.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org