[governance] Off-topic: But highly appreciate any help!

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 09:33:37 EST 2009

Hi Hakikur

I can only say I am sorry to hear about all your hard work!

Can the University of Minho perhaps liaise with colleagues in
Barcelona to stay in touch with the police and put some pressure?

I do hope they recover your laptop with all your files!

Best regards,

Rui

2009/12/28 Hakikur Rahman <email at hakik.org>:
> Dear Colleagues and Friends:
>
> Like to share a very sad news with you. As I was leaving Barcelona on the
> way to Portugal, three snatchers took my Laptop bag that includes my laptop,
> my camera and some more belongings. The most depressing thing on my part
> that some of the document folders were not being backed up for over a year,
> especially many portion of my current post-doc research, and final version
> of my edited book manuscripts.
>
> It happened around 6:15AM on December 27th at the bus station of Barcelona
> north stop.
>
> Just as a matter of curiosity, anyone from this list can assist me in anyway
> reaching any proper authority to expedite anything positive! I have reported
> a police complain, though, but my heart is aching.
>
> Appreciating your kind assistance,
> Hakikur Rahman
>
> Prof. Hakikur Rahman
> Post-Doc Researcher
> University of Minho, Portugal

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Consultant
Angola Liaison Consultant
2 Cutten St
Horison
Roodepoort-Johannesburg,