[governance] Co-coordinator Election Results

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 08:31:10 EST 2009

Hi Ginger

Thanks for your speedy and comprehensive reply.

A few ideas (for mid-January, when people are back to the real world):

1. Get members who want to receive emails at more than one address to
select their primary address, remove others, and then locally (at
their end) set up automated forwards to their other addresses. We
could draw up a list of instructions for Outlook/ Eudora/ Gmail/
Yahoo/ Hotmail etc for those with might need any assistance. I was
list co-administrator of the WSIS Content & Themes Caucus
(ct at wsis-cs.org), so I know that quite a few people have difficulty
with these things.

2. Create a new address, to make life easier (eg:
verify-subscription at ....), add that address as a new list member, from
that address post to the list requesting members to confirm their
membership.
[Subject: Please type your name in the subject field]
[Email body: Kindly fill in Your Name in the subject field of this
email and click reply. If you receive this request at more than one
address, please do the same for each address]

Using an email programme with CSV script (Comma-Separated Values) like
outlook or thunderbird, you can then highlight, copy, paste the "From"
column and paste onto a Word document and arrange (Table, Sort,
Arrange by, Paragraphs) alphabetically. You will then at  glance be
able to see the duplicate names and deal with those.

Send out this email at weekly intervals for three weeks, EACH TIME
REMINDING members NOT to reply IF they have ALREADY DONE SO.
[Apologies for caps, but neither underline nor bold are reliable
features when working with email]. By week 4 send out an advisory
informing members that if they failed to reply to the request for
confirmation that their addresses will be removed from the list.

Hope (some of) this helps.

Best regards,

Rui

áâãçéêíóôõúç