[governance] Co-coordinator Election Results *

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 13:01:49 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Nyangkwe Agien Aaron <
nyangkweagien at gmail.com> wrote:

> Congratulations Jeremy
>
> A great delight to see were the cap. it fits you well as examplified by
> your work.
>
> However , when Derrick alleges that people uses one machine to vote, that
> sounds like a conundrum. Were the people in a conference and only one
> machine was available for Internet access.
> What is Derrick effectvely alluding to?

Could be a NAT or a proxy. For example, PJS and Guru work for the same org.
They most likely have one public IP for the org, with NAT(RFC1918 addresses)
inside their network.

If two or more voters share the same IP, even if on different private
networks, it could easily be that they share the same ISP who uses a proxy,
so that all surfing of all customers appears to come from one IP address.

--
Cheers,

McTim