[governance] Co-coordinator Election Results

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 20:15:37 EST 2009

Congratulations to Jeremy and hats off to the outgoing co-coordinator Ian!

This was indeed a wonderful first experience going through the
election process. The election of Jeremy is indeed a wonderful and
timely selection. Once again my complete support to you and Ginger and
I know you both will make a wonderful IGC coordination team together.
It is also wonderful to see our confirmed 138 members and this shows
that we are growing quickly!

Now as Jeremy takes on this role and with Ginger's wonderful
contributions during her first year, we have an immediate need to
strengthen our stakeholder group and its participation in the IGF with
an increased presence of developing regions. I feel we also have an
increased interest together to establish IGF as an organization on the
ground and increased presence on the Internet and we have all had
wonderful discussions on this and this is the perfect duo to take
these issues and opportunities forward.

We have a Open Consultation and MAG Meetings coming up during the
second week of February 2010 and we need to prepare our statements for
both as well as the planning of the IGF2010 in Lithuania.

I know that either Ginger or Jeremy will be there for the Open
Consultations but there is an increased need for strengthening our
statements and deliberations in the MAG meetings since this is where
the program planning of the IGF is done within a multistakeholder
face-to-face engagements for two days.

Though the Civil Society members of IGF are present throughout these
MAG meetings, there is an increased need to take forward a combined
agenda or at least have IGC in direct interaction during the MAG
meetings with its nominated and elected MAG Members like myself so
that IGC interventions from the Open Consultations can be strengthened
in the MAG meetings.

I hope that you Ginger and Jeremy also take on these important
coordination respectively as agenda items for IGC and IGF2010!

Once again congratulations to both Jeremy and the members of the IGC
for a wonderful and successful election and election participation!

A very Happy New Year and Merry Christmas to all of our members and
their families and colleagues!!!

--
Regards.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org