[governance] Regarding Membership Criteria for Future Members

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 18:50:34 EST 2009

Dear all,

I wanted to ask our experienced peers for some advice regarding
membership of the IGC. I have been promoting IGC membership in the
world around including any meeting regional or international that I
attend. I have also encouraged a lot of people in the DiploFoundation
network to join the IGC that belong to Civil Society, research or
academia.

However, I have one small question to ask, as IGC represents the Civil
Society in the Internet Governance Forum, can government
representatives and private sector be member of the IGC? Does personal
capacity mean that government and private sector people can join the
IGC and access the Civil Society led IG discourse as well as
participate in the consensus oriented proceedings as well as take
their objectives/goals/agendas to the IGF while representing their
governments and companies?

I know I am confused a bit but again I have to be clear here. Thank
you in advance for your comments!

--
Regards.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org