AW: [governance] IGC

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Mon Dec 7 03:53:35 EST 2009

Katitza

you are right.

wolfgang

________________________________

Von: Katitza Rodriguez [mailto:katitza at datos-personales.org]
Gesendet: Mo 07.12.2009 02:03
An: Google
Cc: Fouad Bajwa; governance at lists.cpsr.org
Betreff: Re: [governance] IGC

Dear all:

I am now confused.

	Now, first of all, I am confused about the statements that the discussions on improving the effectiveness of the IGC should somehow be subsumed under the IGF threads (again difficult to achieve with a limited mailing list format unless your email platform has an extremely effective search facility). When last I read it, para 72 of the Tunis agenda expressly states that the IGF is multi-stakeholder - NOT Civil Society focused. I refer specifically to:

	"... Facilitate discourse between bodies dealing with different cross-cutting international public policies regarding the Internet and discuss issues that do not fall within the scope of any existing body."

	Ginger's suggestion of starting new threads with these improvements in mind is perhaps more useful to achieve the objective.

I understand that the IGF is a multi stakeholder dialogue but I understand that IGC is the home of civil society? Am I right?

All the best,

Katitza
     governance at lists.cpsr.org