[governance] Questions for the Candidates

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 5 12:30:07 EST 2009

If we already need people like Rui coming to the rescue to protect rights of the poor poor candidates who refuse public scrutiny, and using petit procedural censorship protocals to warn against people speaking their minds -- this place is headed in a very bad direction.

I understand that Rui wants a strong hall monitor type communist censorship program so that only good things will be said, that is understandable if you have a weak position or none at all.  That makes sense if we want a party aparatchik of only vetted party comrades.

But if we are to preach and lead in Governance of democratic nature with openness and transparency we must clean house at home first. How can we demand inclusion and a voice in ICANN and GACs when we refuse it here?

Should we assume that the candidates all stand for the notion:  Only pleasant mutually admirable comments on innocuous subjects and self grandiosity are accepted on this list.