[governance] Questions for the Candidates

Yehuda Katz yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Sat Dec 5 11:31:34 EST 2009

Adam & Rui,

> who are you?
> Are you some kind of HR expert?

Current Station:
National Security Agency (NSA)
Sr. Advisor IO [SC: C/S/TS/SAP]
SIGINT/FISINT

I'm your Supervising Case Worker,
This list is our Asset.

-

>1. What is your general perspective on the dynamics between the: U.N., Icann
et. al. (Incl. IANA, RIR, etc.), Multinational Corporations, Nation States, and
The People.

The 'general perspective' is that: We all participate in a 'game' as mapped by
modern Game Theory.
( equilibrium concepts: Downs, Brams, Tsebelis, Grossman & Helpman,
Austen-Smith, and Banks)
The Players listed above interact in various 'plays', which determine the
'Types of games' being played.
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory#Types_of_games].

I choose the word "dynamic" because that's what it is. It a real-time event.
For example, Google (a Multinational Corp.) yesterday announced DNS Services.
It will change the game significantly, several postulations have already been
made and some yet to be mentioned. That in its self influences the Game.
[Ok... for example: Say Google offers 'DNS Filtered Services'? kind of a
Net-Nanny that Consumers elect and pay for. What becomes of the 'meaningful
context' of Censorship? of which the IGF is poised to combat.]

I'm looking for a feasible 'Social-Contract' solution, 'Game Rules' of the
Dynamic if you will.

I pose the Question to the Candidates, to understand other grasp on Internet
socio-political socio-economic dynamics.

>2. What has been your most significant contribution to the Internet, to date?

Offering [IG]Forums, and Security to [IG]Internet Forums.

-

Boyz, I feel the questions I ask are fair.

Bio's are not enough, an explanation of the Candidates Agenda and Abilty is
quite reasonable to ask, when particularly they are eliciting ones Vote.
An absence of that information can lead to a means of completing an ulterior
motive contrary to that of the IGC/IGF.

Several have already taken advantage of this and are now members of Icann's
"Shadow Elite".

If the Candidates don't want to answer the questions, I would question their
Candidacy.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org