[governance] Statement by IGC supporting rights and principles

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 23 20:55:07 EDT 2009

I agree here also.

I would ask that any paper positional statement be short and sweet. I already see the impetus moving away from freedom and into "too late" and timlines and the production of creating a piece.  I would like the "statement" to be one as such:

We promote and defend the principle that no rules or regulations should be promulgated, restricting the freedom of speech of the individual, until such time as it is assured that the individual Internet users have a bill of rights and legitimate representation in the creation of any aforesaid rules.