[governance] Monroe Doctrin for Cyberspace?

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 17 09:28:05 EDT 2009

Well I can see why some here really want to know who they are dealing with on this list.
If you knew who I was, you would not make such a funny statement.  Clearly as, Avri can attest, I would have to dress up in little red riding hoods clothing in order to change my identity.  I have long been an advocate for dotcommoner rights within and without the ICANN structure.  You can ask Joe, there is this little thing of the TLDA and my very .lowtech Interest in that arena. I have been accused of working for Countries other than the USA and staunchly advocating that they are wholly independent of ICANN and more importantly the USA. If you have ever heard of a genre of arguments that entail the Internet rights of Saigon ShoeShine boys you would no my free radicals.

As for America.  I have travelled way too much to fall for that game.  In Canada we citizens from the US are mostly referred to as Americans. As for Mexico it is Norte Americanos and in all Asia it is Americans. In Europe it is mostly derogatory or actually much more regional in conversation, like LA or NY or near the Grand Canyon or New Orleans. If I say I am from the US, people get that but -- Mexico is also an United States in America soo???

I do not consider your post as a personal attack. I am not insulted but I would suggest that for others who have not been in the ICANN and cyber wars since the 90s you tone down your direct insults.