[governance] Civil & Political Entitlements, and a Declaration of

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 17 01:03:22 EDT 2009

Paul,

Your work here is fantastic. To my humble mind and logic it is accurate and well reasoned. It is a good guide and capstone to any work in the field of human rights.

The partial conclusion that we must continually strive to reach which we cannot possibly acutally accomplish, could bring about a sense of futility, but any good builder knows that no matter how perfectly they build a house, it needs constant upkeep and vigiliance in remodeling and morphing to remain a home.

Your particulars and citations regarding the inalienableness and divine nature of human rights is well parsed.  But here we have logical divergence.  A divergence that should never interfere with our ability to work together yet independently.  A divergence that demands "respectful interface".  Seperate conclusions that require us to listen and not filter out what we do not want to hear.  If human rights are inalienable and of a nature predetermined and devine* then man cannot and will never be able to deny them.  If you place me in binds and turn me into a beaten and denied slave you still have not taken away my rights.  They live on regardless of your inhuman behavior.  But we both come to the same conclusion  -- what we are talking of here is the enforcement in the corporeal of our rights as men**.

* Devine here is used in a sense of "not of man, but more absolute. ** Men is used here in keeping with tradition. God can be a her, and founding fathers can be mothers. Obviously there can never be anything approaching sexism in human rights -- lest they be human wrongs.