[governance] Great debates

Joe Baptista baptista at publicroot.org
Fri Aug 14 21:18:04 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Eric Dierker
<cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> I hope that by looking at that piece of history and then seeing what is
> happening for the last months I can understand this talk of the list being
> ruined by participation.

I'm with Thomas Lowenhaupt on this one. Self censorship is the only way this
list is going to survive. The filter is a powerful tool. Not always accurate
- but it works. Thomas Lowenhaupt <toml at communisphere.com> has offered his
services to provide the list members with technical support on installing
filters.

My belief at this moment is that the "mass unsubscribing" is simply a tool
> being used by those to get what they want.  And that would be to discredit
> this list because it is not following the quiters desired results. I believe
> there is some history to Milton and Fausset doing this in ICANN. I hope I am
> wrong.

I agree. It's an old trick taught years ago to members of the BWG (Boston
Working Group). It's just elitist intellectual intimidation tactics learned
from the Internet pros. But in the end Milton is no Chomsky.  Thats what he
has done to himself by participating in this libelous and slanderous
censorship troll feeding episode. This list is full of censorship trolls and
Milton should know better then to feed the trolls.

anyway - cheers
joe baptista

Personal: www.joebaptista.wordpress.com