[governance] Trying to "fix" the list

Thomas Lowenhaupt toml at communisphere.com
Fri Aug 14 12:09:25 EDT 2009

Every so often I'll see someone new to the list respond to a posting by a fellow I blocked several years ago - I can't recall his name for the moment - and fell as if I should advise them as to the negative impact his full participation would have on the list.

But one does not want to discourage participation by newbies and I just ignore. People seem to catch on fairly quickly. (Just recalled his name and remember a fellow I respect in the industry asking me if I read his posts. I said no, used to, but now I block him. He said he is amused and gains some benefit from reading his posts. So Jeffrey, keep up the effort, some people enjoy your posts.)

But for me he doesn't exist. Milton blocked him. I block him. And others on the list probably block him. He just doesn't exist as a problem for me. (As I might not exist to others on this list.)

If anyone is unfamiliar with how to block someone, email me privately.

Tom Lowenhaupt

P.S. One or two others here are near extinction, as is the "fix" conversation.