[governance] Trying to "fix" the list - Happy Hour Proposal

Yehuda Katz yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Wed Aug 12 23:33:37 EDT 2009

Ginger & Ian,

I have one more proposal/suggestion to add;

Can we agree that from: After 5pm Fridays (regardless of your geo-local) to
11pm Sundays, the List can be 'Open Topic' (Happy Hour: Fri-Sun),
And that Monday thru Friday (normal work week) the List in 'Work Group'
session.
(no off topic interferance)

I have been on other list wherein this is the "Gentleman's Agreement."

-

If any of you felt that I have been a troll at sometime, please tell me so and
I'll excuse myself from this list. I try to make my comments on weekends only,
However there are times that I get engaged in the heat of the context, and feel
the need to reply, before the inspirations is lost.

I must admit, that as I'm getting old, I am loosing some of my motor skills to
cancer, but try to stay cohesive and provide what relative support I can.

A Friday/Sunday 'Happy Hour' conversation on IG works great for me.

-

I'm also worried about Young-People feeling free to make 'Proposals", First
off, I feel that there are not enough people presently on this list making
PROPOSALS, and even less, Young People speaking up with their proposals. This
deeply troubles me because;
1. Its their net environment were building,
2. It seem to be prevalent in most of the American youths I've seen, that is,
that passive behavior.

Hearing their "Proposals" is important, so we understand, what is important too
them.

'Proposals' are what we need, because there are plenty comments.

-

It's Wednesday evening her in California, I've got grapes to prune tomarrow
morning, It's going to be a great year for good Wine.

I'll see you all at IG Happy Hour.

Thnx (for putting up with me)
     governance at lists.cpsr.org