Complex Systems was-Re: [governance] Unsubscribing ACLU (Dateline 1953)

Eric Dierker cogitoergosum at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 11 08:28:31 EDT 2009

Yahuda,

Complex systems and the study and applications of studied rationales to existing models is very complicated ;>}. My daughters' studies at Berkeley are coined "Society and the Environment" --- impossible to even wrap your mind around the internetworking and spiderweb like complexities of melding the two concepts into a working synergism that benefits both. (that is if you leave society as human and environment as the natural -- go further and you damn near have to rectify Genesis with the ultimate Bang).

On sunday I visited Alcala the first Mission of the Internet of Names and Addresses of Alta California. I stood on "The Playa Trail" the claimed 1st commercial trail/internet system in the US. I hiked later the Rose Canyon Fault - a cornerstone of the geographic fault lines and internet of California de Tierra. This fault line is covered by the Interconnected drainage system of the Tecolote, Bear and Rose canyon basin area. On top lies the Internet of the Santa Fe Railroad and within the epitierra lies the runoff sewage system of the greater San Diego area. Of course on all sides is the Internet of the massive So. Cal. interconnected freeway system.

We have been involved in interconnectivity internets since long before the Phoenicians.  Why are we so shocked at the complexity?  Why do we act like we have been goosed by a brand new idea?  Pure folly and purely erected by existing enterprises to slow it down because they cannot keep up.