[governance] Requesting Comments for an Internet Governance Development Agenda from Civil Society

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Thu Aug 6 14:22:52 EDT 2009

On Friday, 7 August 2009 00:43:07 Eric Dierker wrote:

> Not a good starting point here.  I am from a developed nation.  All my work
> has been for developing nations.  My wife is from a developing nation.
> What makes you think that ones geographic location determines their
> perspective on the net.

Of course it does.

> The US is developed -- Yet I worked with some in Northeastern Arizona on
> the Navajo Indian reservation that have exactly the same issues as those of
> the lower Mekong or Puebla Mexico.  Your distinctions need to be retooled.

I do not know where you live and work to speak about the lower Mekong or
Puebla. And it is also not just that the Northeasten Arizona is different
from most other places in the USA - where more policy power resides.

I am much in agreement with Fouad.

Greetings from the lower Mekong,

Norbert Klein
Phnom Penh

--
If you want to know what is going on in Cambodia, please visit
The Mirror, a regular review of the Cambodian language press in English.

This is the latest weekly editorial:

Different Bits of Information – Questions for All to Consider – Sunday,
1.8.2009
http://tinyurl.com/mlo4dp

(To read it, click on the line above.)

And here is something new every day: