[governance] US Congrerss & JPA (r.e. the TLDA)

kpeters at tldainc.org kpeters at tldainc.org
Thu Aug 6 10:30:26 EDT 2009

      I made no comment on behalf of the TLDA in my original post,
READ it! I will say, though, that there were no members then, except
that we included all those who had been involved years ago when it
died for lack of enthusiasm upon the theft of a successful .BIZ from
Leah Gallegos and the denial of .WEB to Chris Ambler. Many of those
initial members had gotten out of the business altogether in that
time. Some of those have dropped off but others have joined and with a
new interactive website, including its own secure voting mechanism, we
are no longer susceptible to fraud, as we once were. In your own way,
you helped to inspire that move. We now have only 20 people managing
their own TLDs in our group but there is much more participation from
the few than we ever had before. Policies are being drafted and
preparations are being made to stand up and offer our expected
services. We are not there now, but ICANN has not been doing what it
was designed for either, and they have a captive audience that pays
them money to stay in the game. I would much rather defend TLDA
(TLDAINC.ORG) than ICANN!
-Karl E. Peters

     governance at lists.cpsr.org