[governance] Re: [Igcharter] getting underway

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Fri Sep 26 04:13:53 EDT 2008

McTim and all,

  Thank you.  BTW, just received and reported two more
attempted phishing fraudulent spam Email from Gmail/google
accounts.  so you'll pardon me for my less than jubilant reception
of the questionably glowing opinion of yours of Google...

McTim wrote:

> Ian,
>
> As much as some disbelieve it, Google really IS your pal in this kind
> of situation :-)
>

> This is Google's cache of
> http://www.igcaucus.org/IGC-charter_final-061014.html. It is a
> snapshot of the page as it appeared on 24 Aug 2008 02:39:02 GMT. The
> current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more
>
> Text-only version
> These search terms are highlighted: igccharter
>
> Approved Charter

>                                   §
>                               IGCcharter
>
> The Internet Governance Caucus (IGC) was originally created
> by individual and organizational civil society actors who came
> together in the context of the World Summit on the Information Society
> (WSIS) topromote global public interest objectives in Internet
> governance policy making.
>
> Vision
>
> The policies that shape the Internet impact not only the development
> of the technologies themselves, but also the realization of
> internationally agreed human rights, social equity and
> interdependence, cultural concerns, and both social and economic
> development. Our vision is that Internet governance should be
> inclusive, people centered and development oriented. Our contributions
> to the various forums relevant to Internet governance, will strive to
> ensure an information society which better enables equal opportunity
> and freedom for all.
>
> Mission
>
> The mission of the Internet Governance Caucus (IGC) is to provide a
> forum for discussion, advocacy, action, and for representation of
> civil society contributions in Internet governance processes. The
> caucus intends to provide an open and effective forum for civil
> society to share opinion, policy options and expertise on Internet
> governance issues, and to provide a mechanism for coordination of
> advocacy to enhance the utilization and influence of Civil Society
> (CS) and the IGC in relevant policy processes.
>
> Objectives and Tasks
>
> The objectives and tasks of the IGC are to:
>
>      Inform civil society and other progressive groups/actors on
>      significant developments impacting on Internet governance
>      policies.
>
>      Provide a context for open on line and, wherever and whenever
>      possible, face-to-face debate on the range of issues related to
>      Internet governance policies from a civil society perspective.
>
>      Develop an on-going and outcome oriented structure. Create
>      informal relationships with various CS groups and individuals
>      with a direct interest in Internet governance policies, including
>      those involved in human rights, ICT4D, intellectual property,
>      international trade and global electronic commerce, access to
>      knowledge, and security.
>
>      Provide outreach to other CS groups who have an interest or a
>      stake in some aspect of Internet governance polices.

> [...]

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com