[governance] Consensus call on rights theme - yes or no

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Fri Sep 12 02:20:09 EDT 2008

Hi, I am traveling as well and find it difficult to follow the debate in
any detail.
I have read the statement and find some of the language rather difficult
to understand. For example, what is the difference between various
rights and conceptual rights in the following sentence?

Within this context, we acknowledge that, even within the civil society
caucus, differences of opinion exist as to the nature of various rights
and conceptual rights and the degree to which they should be emphasized
in internet governance discussions.

I vote YES to express my confidence in the caucus rather than in the text.

jeanette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org