[governance] Study on ICT self- and co-regulation

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 6 19:59:09 EDT 2008

Jonathan and all,

  From what I can gather from your remarks below, it seems
to me you made my case that self regulation and co-regulation
doesn't work.  My meaning was that self regulation from
governmental, or NGO groups, has proven historically,
to be far less than successful over time.  And often that time
frame is very short.

  For this reason I believe our Declaration of Independence
starts out with "We The People", and our founding fathers,
mostly of EU origin learned the hard way that governments
cannot be imparted with exclusive and non challenging
trust.  This fact most certainly remains true today, if not more
so.

  In any event, thank you for you response and thoughts...  >:)

jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
My Phone: 214-244-4827

     governance at lists.cpsr.org