[governance] Inputs for synthesis paper

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Fri Sep 5 09:53:47 EDT 2008

hi milton, all

in terms of defining rights.. just to remind (and
apologies if i sound like a broken record) that
several groups now have attempted to do this
including APC, the BOR coalition, global
partners, UNESCO, the work of the WSIS CS Human
Rights caucus and the CRIS campaign

so let's build on the collective work done this past 10  years or so

if i recall correctly (lisa - please correct me
if i'm wrong) - global partners put together a
document that mapped such documents.. it might be
useful to refer to that (and update if necessary) in this work

i think we have a good chance of influencing the
cairo agenda if we build this work carefully and
inclusively (not to suggest we aren't already) over the next 6-12 months

karen