[governance] Inputs for synthesis paper

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Wed Sep 3 07:07:54 EDT 2008

Hi,

it seems this is a debate we have to repeat again and again. I am no
expert on matters of right but I lean towards a narrow interpretation of
the term right. It makes sense to me to protect its meaning against an
inflating use to avoid devaluation.
A narrow interpretation restricts rights to those that enable rights
holders to file a suit against those who violate the right. I don't see
who could be held accountable for the lack of "an Internet in ones own
language". The latter might be a political goal but it certainly doesn't
sound like a right to me.

jeanette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org