[governance] Inputs for synthesis paper

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 1 04:26:00 EDT 2008

Hanane and all,

  A multiligual Internet is certainly prefrable, and advisable.  It
is very questionable that a multiligual Internet is a "Right".  It
certainly is a *responsibility* of each countries government to
provide for Internet access and use for their citizens in that
countries native official language.  But again, such is not an
International "Right", nor is their any precident that would indicate
such.

  Yet I look forward to the day when countries with responsible
governments provide for Internet use and access in that countries
native or primary language so that it's citizens can share and participate
in a far more meaningful and productive way.

Hanane Boujemi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a quick note about this section. I suggested to Parminder to include
> the right to have a multiligual Internet.
>
> If you agree we can adjust the following paragraph ( the last two
> sentences).

> > > important IGF thematic area of cultural diversity.
>
> Hanane Boujemi

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
Updated 1/26/04
jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com