[governance] Tech giants in human rights deal

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy isolatedn at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 00:58:24 EDT 2008

Hello

This is a very positive contribution from Business to the global society.
Business Corporations, however big they are, could be arm twisted into a
position favorable to the Authority. Microsoft went through severe problems
a few years ago by way of anti-trust proceedings, which might not have been
aimed at winning Microsoft's support for anything, but that is one of the
examples to show that the Authorities have the power to make or break a
business corporation, even  the ones that are healthy and huge.

Microsoft, Google and Yahoo could take this deal further and include other
business entities, big and small, not only in India but the world over to
enhance the capacity of Business to resist pressures from Authorities to
cause Businesses compromise on issues related to freedom of speech and other
rights and civil liberties.

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy

http://www.linkedin.com/in/sivasubramanianmuthusamy