[governance] visas for india?

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Mon Oct 27 13:47:59 EDT 2008

Some may know that the international tourism slogan of India is "Incredible
India" - I got the message when I had to go 7 (SEVEN!) times to the Indian
embassy in Phnom Penh (where I live) to get an expensive visa in order to
attend the ICANN meeting in Delhi earlier in the year. It was a procedure
that took several weeks, and I got the visa into my German pasport finally on
the day before departure.

I had a nice, official letter of invitation - maybe it would have been seven
times seven times without the official letter of invitation.

So I knew: "Incredible India!" - or at least incredible staff at the visa
section of the Indian embassy in Phnom Penh.

Norbert

--
If you want to know what is going on in Cambodia,
please visit us regularly - you can find something new every day:

http://cambodiamirror.wordpress.com (English)
http://kanhchoksangkum.wordpress.com (Khmer)
     governance at lists.cpsr.org