[governance] no need to feed ARRANT trolls

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 12:03:38 EDT 2008

Dear All

I would like to play devil's advocate - you guys are being unfair to Jeff.
You are probably all jealous of his many accomplishments!

jeff has been the spokesman for the INEGroup (Information Network Eng.
Group) for 11 years!!! Now YOU beat that! To my knowledge only in REAL
democracies without crap such as "no third term" does a real leader stay at
the helm for that long! I mean, look at Robert Mugabe! Look at dos Santos of
Angola! Those are democracies and Jeff is one of the last lone defenders of
those untainted ideals!

At times he has also been the CEO/ DIR. of Information Network Eng. Group.
INEG. INC.
http://www.fitug.de/icann-euorpe/0010/msg00102.html
Please note that when Jeff signs himself as CEO/ DIR., the signature does
not reflect membership figures because the CEO/ DIR. does not have a right
to those figures, as this would constitute a violation of the members'
privacy. However, the CEO/ DIR. can access those figures if he files a FOIA,
but he does nor have the time, as he is busy making valuable contributions
to another few hundred mailing lists, and "100+ websites, some of which are
extranet and intranet". Not an easy job by any measure!

Jeff is an extremely hard worker, dedicating himself to enlightening others
on allthe lists he contributes to

INEGroup has been growing and growing, from

95 thousand in August 1999,
http://www.fitug.de/icann-euorpe/0010/msg00102.html
to 95 thousand in October 1999,
http://www.mail-archive.com/list@ifwp.org/msg11113.html
to 95 thouand in January 2000,
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/us-list/LL000119.LOG.txt (don't
think there was no growth in numbers, it is just Jeff did not want to - and
I quote directly from him "that is simply because I don't yet have an
accurate count ... I will not be updating my Sig file
to reflect the correct figure accordingly so as not to be misleading."
How's that for real character!
to 112 thousand in June 2000 (see? INEGroups keeps on growing in
popularity!!!!!!!!!
to 118 thousand in october 2001
http://atlargestudy.org/forum_archive/msg01150.shtml
to 129 thousand in May 2003,
http://www.fitug.de/icann-euorpe/0010/msg00102.html
to today's figures - which we will not guess at, so as not to appear to be
misleading anyone!!!

Now, Jeff would be even better at it, if only he could learn English - that
way, it wouldn't be so easy to bust him, when another of his personae
"writes" some or other nonsense to which he then - as another persona -
responds.
http://www.mail-archive.com/list@ifwp.org/msg09259.html
There is a little-known-of science for which language register experts get
paid a lot of money usually in court cases to analyse language usage
patterns. It's a dead give-away when you respond to yourself. Don't do it
Jeff! People have their knives out for you!!! At the very least you could
learn the difference between "its" and "it's" and "Errant" and "Arrant" -
besides using WRONGLY, you use "arrant" so often that even google gives you
away - especially when it appears in the posting of those YOU are RESPONDING
TO!!! Stop, it Jeff, someone might catch on!!!!!

Actually, Jeff is so busy, that he sometimes - to be able to get all his
work done - has to make up people to whom he writes about the people he is
writing about!!!!
Below, he is ALL THREE!! What a menage-a-trois!
Here, he responds to "Brian" about "William"
http://www.mail-archive.com/list@ifwp.org/msg09259.html
Here, "Brian" is saying that someone is trying to impersonate him -
http://www.mail-archive.com/list@ifwp.org/msg09369.html
BUT, LO AND BEHOLD!!!!! "Brian" who is "Sr. Legal Advisor, International
House of Justice Internet Communications Affairs and Policy, Advisory
Council for Public Affairs and Internet Policy, European", HAS THE SAME
PHONE NUMBER AS JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then again, kit is quite
normal for organisation with 280 thousand people to ALL share the same phone
number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do it myself .... with my three alter
nos.

On 27/10/2008, Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wzb.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
> the best thing is to filter emails from Jeffrey and ignore him. This
> reduces the noise to those who keep replying to Jeffrey's emails. I have
> been doing this for years and it works well.
> jeanette
>
> Jeffrey A. Williams wrote:
>
>> Adam and all,
>>
>>  Sorry Adam, your incorrect.  INEGroup is registered and is
>> filed with the US FEC.  Submitting a FOIA request, which has been
>> done on several occasions, will give you the factual information
>> via an independant source that you need or desire.  Further
>> we are registered with Edgar and DOC/NTIA as of 1998 which
>> you can check out for yourself if you so choose, also via a
>> FOIA request as well.  So as always, do your due diligance
>> if you desire accordingly.
>>
>>  Sorry everyone else, but Adam is publically here challanging
>> me and INEGroup, yet he has never submitted the legally proper
>> FOIA request to be making the FALSE statement he is making
>> below.  However Adam has had from time to time disagreements
>> with our members positions and has demonstrated privately
>> via Email that he has a personal vendetta, as I would and others
>> whom have reviewed independantly those Email at my request,
>> discribed such.  This is unfortunate and certainly not any of
>> my doing.  But if you wish, I can forward those Email to any
>> of you for your review upon request and a signed non disclosure
>> agreement if you provide a mailing address or via forward by
>> Email if you have a valid and up to date, Class 2 cert.
>>
>>  But Adam is correct about one thing, that member count in
>> my sig file below, is not fully up to date.  That is simply because
>> I don't yet have an accurate count, but our membership is now
>> estimated to be closer to 284,000 members presently.  However
>> until I recieve an accurate count, I will not be updating my Sig file
>> to reflect the correct figure accordingly so as not to be misleading.
>>
>> Adam Peake wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Ian and Parminder,

>>> Why?
>>>
>>> Jeff Williams has been posting to ICANN and general Internet lists
>>> for years. You will find plenty of notes about who he is (or is not)
>>> and about the claims he makes.
>>>
>>> He closes every email with a .sig that's patently untrue.  There is
>>> no INEGroup LLA, no 281k members/stakeholders.
>>>
>>> You judge if you want to bother replying. I'd suggest best just to
>>> ignore him.  It's not about substance, some of his emails are as sane
>>> as anyone else's, some are inflammatory, some are just silly. As the
>>> subject lines suggests it's best not to feed the troll. And to use
>>> another online cliche... your mileage may vary.
>>>
>>> I am not Paddy bateman,, but I agree with his/her comment.
>>>
>>> It would also be best not to continue this thread!
>>>
>>> Adam
>>>
>>>  On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Paddy bateman

>> Regards,

> [...]

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Consultant
2 Cutten St
Horison
Roodepoort-Johannesburg,
South Africa