[governance] RE: [Coalition] Civil Society Information Society Advisory Council(CSISAC) Charter

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 06:31:46 EDT 2008

Milton wrote
"it ignores the output of a collective meeting of the
involved CS groups in Geneva; it unilaterally declares your own
organization the "Secretariat"
That is gross unilateralism. And we are all witnesses to the negative
effects  of unilateral actions in global affairs.
It is my humble opinion that proponents of solo actions do that in a solo
manner without alluding to CS groups.

Thank you Milton for that rminder

Aaron

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> Hi, Marc
> I just caught up with this message, and I think I speak for several CS
> groups in saying that this is just not the way we ought to be going
> about constructing a joint, unified civil society presence in OECD.
>
> The document was not developed on the public Wiki that you (EPIC)
> yourself created; it ignores the output of a collective meeting of the
> involved CS groups in Geneva; it unilaterally declares your own
> organization the "Secretariat" without any process for gaining the
> consent of other civil society organizations. And releasing a proposal
> one day before you discuss it on a call is bizarre and minimizes the
> opportunity for actual participation and acceptance.
>
> So I won't be on that call and don't think anyone else outside EPIC will
> be, either.
>
> Let me know when ya'll decide that this is about civil society and more
> than just EPIC.
>
> --MM

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
Journalist/Outcome Mapper
Special Assistant To The President
Coach of ASAFE Camaroes Street Football Team.
ASAFE
P.O.Box 5213
Douala-Cameroon
Tel. 237 3337 55 31