[governance] Every Email In UK To Be Monitored

linda misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 12:15:05 EDT 2008

Dear Jeffrey, so goes it for the Messenger!

The news is not always delightful, but blessed are those who share it and
ignite discussion.  Thanks much for your attention to this.  And
transporting the messages here.

Many of us being in communications fields directly or indirectly, in fact
perhaps All might be able to caucus productively on models of electronic
info systems governance - express, or derivable.

 In the present setting there seems (?) an underlying, at-least dualistic
model of *context* versus (contrasting with) *content*.

When one stores "setting" info, that is where and when and who transactions
take place (contextual matters of space and time, actors id's etc). The
reports seem to be alleging that this capture is not so intrusive (on a
Rights-based or other dimension), only contextual, some might call it meta
data - or use somehow related terms - what think U?

Zo ... what I have read is that it is purported: that message content won't
be stored.  If so, one still looks to context as content (usually).

But these are musings.  It could be quite interesting to compare musings or
"other" on models for what is happening or planned for the currently
discussed email capture and storage, from which interpretation and even
value judgments might flow. Surprise!

Warm regards, Linda.

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Jeffrey A. Williams <jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
> wrote:

> All,
>
> Sorry to read of this.  What's next in the UK, toilet cams
> perhaps?  Or perhaps manditory implanted RFID tracking
> chips?
>
> God save the queen!  ( Poor woman )  >:(
>
> P.S. But I am sure Stalins soul is getting a reprieve by
> St. Peter...
>
> See:
>

> http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/UKgovernment/Parliament/DG_078075
>
> The Communications Data Bill (2008) will lead to the creation of
> a single, centralized database containing records of all e-mails sent,
> websites visited and mobile phones used by UK citizens. In
> a carnivore-on-steroids programme, as all vestiges of communication
> privacy are stripped away, The BBC reports that Home Secretary Jacqui
> Smith says  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7671046.stm this
> is a "necessity".
>
> Regards,
>
> Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
> "Obedience of the law is the greatest freedom" -
>   Abraham Lincoln
>
> "Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is
> very often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt
>
> "If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
> liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
> P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
> United States v. Carroll Towing  (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
> Updated 1/26/04
> CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS.
> div. of Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
> ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail
> jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
> My Phone: 214-244-4827

Dr. Linda D. Misek-Falkoff (Ph.D., J.D..)
Individual Email.

For i.d. only (update, to be embedded soon by LINKS)::
Communications Coordination Committee for the U.N.
Persons with Pain International.
National Disability Party, International Disability Alliance.
World Summit on Information Society, Internet Governance Forum, Computers
Freedom and Privacy -Onsite and Web participant; Human Rights working
groups..
Timeline Items, links to be provided:
1960's Innovator, Computers in Education, Text Processing and Analysis;
Automater, Thematic Apperception Test (T.A.T)., Creator, Context Concordance
to John Milton's Paradise Lost -  precursed Bible Concordances and related
computational theory and practice...
1970 ff first full time faculty member in liberal-arts based Computer
Science Studies; Vassar College; Computers in Education, Literature,
Psychology, Law, Medicine; generally.
1981 Co-Chair, Intl. Conference on Software Engineering and Software
Metrics...
1991 Research Asst.Prof. Blaine Sloan 'U.N. G.A. Resolutions in Our Changing
World'..
2000's Internet Law - Cyberlibel, Human Rights,social and values
impliacations..
2002 ff full participation, 'Convention on the Rights of Persons With
Disabilities.
2007 Nominee: Global Alliance for ICT Strategy Council.
Other Affiliations on Request