[governance] Hyderabad and travel to India -- good experience

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Nov 28 01:10:04 EST 2008

Hi,

I think everyone must be wondering about security
in India.  I am not a security expert, just a
traveller, but thought I'd let you know what I've
just experienced...  I flew in to Hyderabad via
Delhi a few hours ago. Delhi airport seemed busy,
but operating very normally. Immigration, baggage
collection, customs, transfer between
international and domestic airports (in Delhi
that means a 20-30 minute drive in city traffic)
seemed perfectly normal.

I guess things may be different in at Mubai for
anyone transiting there, and events in the city
are terrible, but all has been fine for me.

Never know what might happen, crossing the road
might be a challenge!  But right now all seems,
well, normal.

Note Markus Kummer sent to the MAG list below.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in a few
days.  One tip: if you are changing planes from
international to domestic at an airport in India,
call your airline before and see if they have a
bus for transfers between terminals, or of one's
needed.

I cannot make any recommendation about travel,
that's for you and your country's travel
advisories to decide. But hope it helps to know
that from my experience today things seems  fine.

Good luck with upgrades :-)

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org