[governance] Audio Visual Documentation of IGF Hyderabad proceedings.

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy isolatedn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 10:33:51 EST 2008

Hello All,

I am not sure if ALL the sessions at Rio and Athens were visually recorded -
I do not find links to the speeches and presentations at the previous IGFs
in the IGF website.

Is is possible to propose to the host and to the IGF Secretariat that all
IGF sessions - ALL sessions are video recorded and archived for the benefit
of all for future reference ?  It is more feasible at this IGF as there are
bound to be video arrangement to record most of the sessions to feed the
remote hubs. All that is required is to ensure that even those sessions that
are not fed into the remote hub are recorded, the Q&A are recorded, the
speech transcripts and the digital presentations are collated and stored.

There may be a total of about 10 rooms, each room requiring two
videographers, and the host is bound to have made arrangements for ten or
twelve cameras already. If some attention could be paid to stretch this a
little further to assign two video cameras positioned for the duration of
the IGF, then we will have all of IGF on store for us to access any time. (
Even the participants would have difficulty attending all the sessions of
their interest and are sometimes lost in the process of making a choice over
what session to attend )

The panelists's Talks and his Q&As could be AV recorded and collated with
full slide presentation, workshop-wise, and sent to the workshop organizer
to verify the accuracy of transcripts before uploading it on the Web.

If not all the panelists, there are bound to be several panel presentations
that would be of value. Is it possible for the IGC to send a quick note to
the host / IGF Secretariat ?

If professional expertise is needed, India's BPOs should be able to offer
plenty of help...

-- Sivasubramanian Muthusamy
http://www.linkedin.com/in/sivasubramanianmuthusamy