[governance] Obama and the undoing of the Bush invasions of privacy et alia

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 11:49:18 EST 2008

"Americans have watched in horror as President Bush has trampled on the Bill
of Rights and the balance of power. The list of abuses that President-elect
Barack Obama must address is long: once again require the government to get
warrants to eavesdrop on Americans; undo scores of executive orders and
bill-signing statements that have undermined the powers of Congress; strip
out the unnecessary invasions of privacy embedded in the Patriot Act; block
new F.B.I. investigative guidelines straight out of J. Edgar Hoover's
playbook".

http://www.truthout.org/112308D

---------------------

I could be wrong, but I have the distinct recollection of reading widespread
complaints about the American mainstream news media doing nothing while Bush
rode roughshod over the world. Now the New York Times comes up with this
piece? Did I miss something? Or is it the famous editorial flexibility,
convenience, adjustability and expediency line?

Hope I remember wrong!

Regards,

Rui

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Consultant
2 Cutten St
Horison
Roodepoort-Johannesburg,
South Africa