[Fwd: Re: Fwd: [governance] CS speakers for IGF opening and

Al Alegre alalegre at fma.ph
Sun Nov 23 01:53:41 EST 2008

Hello to all IGC listmembers

As with Meryem below, the inclusion of my name in the nominees list, was a
surprise. Though thankful for the nominator's trust (whoever s/he is), I
would have declined if formally asked.

There are many more more qualified people, more active on IGC matters (and
on this list), and whose participation in the closing/opening ceremonies
would better serve the objectives of CS for this event. Please remove my
name from consideration.

I would support someone from LAC, AFrica or Asia--so one would not go
wrong in my mind with people like Valeria, Graciela, Alice or Anita... If
that someone would be more open to solicit ideas from this CS group (and
others) as to what would be the important messages to deliver, and somehow
incorporating the most strategic ones in her/his intervention, that would
be great too.

in solidarity
Al Alegre

     governance at lists.cpsr.org