[governance] IGF, Hyderabad

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Wed Nov 19 21:05:09 EST 2008

Hi,

Thanks Parminder for the suggestion.  It's not obvious to me whether
it would be better to start with a small wg (which might be efficient
but also could continue the local ghettoization of the issues) or try
booting up some caucus-wide engagement (which would rapidly become
needed anyway---the WTPF is in the Spring, will have strong
governmental engagement, and hence ought to be of at least as much of
a priority as an IGF conference).  It would also be good to check in
with friendly staff and Members to get a clearer sense of where the
ITU's review process is and how best to interface with it.

My suggestion would be that we put this high on the agenda of the
caucus meeting in Hyderabad and think through our approach there.  In
the meanwhile I'll be back in Geneva next week and will see if I can
fill in the background a bit more.

Best,

Bill

william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch