[governance] Call for Nominations for IGC Co-coordinator

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Nov 16 09:41:51 EST 2008

Hi,

I agree with Parminder's point as well.

I would add that in this age when we are trying to find ways to
enhance remote participation it seems iike physical presence at all
meetings should be less of a requirement.  Not that I am suggesting
that a coordinator should participate remotely or that one has to
participate remotely to really care about remote participation, but a
coordinator who could not travel to each and every meeting might be
well placed to help champion the cause of remote participation and
really test it by using it.

BTW: I also not arguing that we can forgo the attempt to find adequate
funding for physical presence at meetings.  We all know remote
participation isn't there yet.  But lots of people keep valiantly
trying.

a.
.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org