[governance] Call for Nominations for IGC Co-coordinator

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Fri Nov 14 08:00:42 EST 2008

I would like to respond to Parminder's point that we should reconsider
the criterion on coordinators being to facilitate their own funding in
IGF meetings.

While it is important for coordinators, or at least one of them, to be
at the meetings, I agree strongly with Parminder that we should not
include ability to fund one's participation in the criteria.

It is bound to limit the pool of people we can draw on and would
therefore limit diversity.  And, we can find ways around it as Parminder
points out.

Anriette

     governance at lists.cpsr.org