[governance] visas for india?

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Nov 3 02:31:43 EST 2008

In message
<fecfce260810311534v6c0f2380vef650e448b5014f8 at mail.gmail.com>, at
04:04:48 on Sat, 1 Nov 2008, Sivasubramanian Muthusamy
<isolatedn at gmail.com> writes
>As a person living in India, I sent a note to the Government of India
>to take note of this discussion four days ago and the Ministry of
>Information Technology was prompt to send a reply to say "I think the
>Visa issue stands resolved."
>
>The Government of India might already have taken steps to ensure that
>participants do not have problems with VISAs to visit India to attend
>the IGF. Perhaps it takes just a little more time for the steps taken
>by GOI on this issue to take effe

Thank you for your efforts, and those of the organisers and Indian
Government, in this regard. I understand that a copy of the
"instructions to Indian Missions Abroad" will be available on the host
country website soon, which will confirm the gratis-Visa arrangements
including the status of the registration confirmation as an invitation.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org