[governance] Do we need a MAG?

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Tue May 27 22:45:33 EDT 2008

> Too many things to disagree with here, so I'll limit myself to three.
> First, this is the first public acknowledgment I've seen of the
> concerted back-room move to crush the Online Collaboration Dynamic
> Coalition, as part of which you and the other MAG members who had been
> members of its mailing list left en masse.  It is a shame that you
> couldn't have been open about your intentions at the time.

The MAG is

[a] Multistakeholder
[b] Nominated by different, in fact, sometimes conflicting, interests

So to believe that all of them colluded with the sole purpose of crushing
you .. well.

On the other hand, keeping Hanlon's Razor in mind, a dynamic coalition
that's incompetently run and doesn't seem to be going anywhere will find it
very hard to retain members ..

	srs

     governance at lists.cpsr.org