[governance] The New Class: Civil Society Professionals?

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Tue May 27 21:33:55 EDT 2008

Willie Currie [27/05/08 21:26 -0400]:
> Events like this can change many people*. One of the best ways to ?test?
> someone, is to give them some power or authority. People who change,
> while in power, they will be the best candidates to join the IG-CSP
> group.

[...]

He is only paraphrasing Lord Acton .. "Power corrupts, Absolute power
corrupts absolutely"

I dont see how that constitutes an attack on CS. And I've seen enough
genuine CS people attacking "fake CS" groups that exist solely as ways to
convert grant money into a lavish lifestyle, or that are founded solely to
further a specific propaganda goal.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org